Wednesday, February 24, 2016

STRENGTH V/S WEEKNESS

                     Today was a Sunday morning. I woke up and after getting refreshed and getting done with gardening, I was all set on my chair with a mug of coffee and newspaper. I was going through the newspaper and was sipping my coffee. I was going through the news of terrorism and corruption and criminal stuff. Then my eyes fell on the really amazing news. It was about one amputee. It was about how he manages to do his daily work on his own. His daily work included each and everything like us. How he use to prepare his food on his own, how he use to make his livelihood. He was a painter…yes, you read it right...he was a painter. He was making paintings by placing pencil and painting brush between his toes. He was not different in any way other than physical appearance then normal people. One thing told by him was really something that instigated me to think upon this. He told that sometimes he is being asked that looking at his paintings no one can say that it was made by amputee….so if u were normal human u could have been an even greater painter. To which he replies calmly…that he is in this position only because he is an amputee. He further said, that if I were normal I might had not put this much effort in my work or rather I did not need to. And being amputee I needed to put some extra efforts and that what really coloured my life and not just my paintings. My weakness made me stronger and my defect added an effect to my painting.
                     
                           These last two lines of him  My weakness made me stronger and my defect added an effect to my painting..made me ponder over it. Like seriously what is our weakness..?? have our strengths became our weakness..?? or what is actually our strength or weakness is..?? or do we ever make an effort to overcome our weakness..?? or do we realize the strength of our strength..?? do value what we have got or keep running after what we have not..? I was under a chaotic condition. Actually, the problem is we are very good in looking at the negative side of everything and ignoring its positive side. We are so busy at looking in low or bad things that we miss out on the really good things. Like if we are blessed with  a good family..who is always there with you in your thicks and thins but we are busy thinking I could have been at some other place if my father had done this or had not done this. We could have been really richer. Here we fail to look at our strength and busy making a thing our weakness or low point which is not actually a weakness.This example does not go with everyone..but here it is the subject of human psychology. We don’t really have that many real weakness compared to the weakness we invoke. We are never grateful  for what we have got and always keep complaining about what we have not. If we have got something bad…we want something good..if we have got something good..we desire for better..when we get better…we wish for best…n this best remains best till someone else gets the same after that best will fall down to d good category. The point is we never care about what we have. What we have, is only our strength. infect we are busy making our strengths our weakness. For example, if u got a degree of MBA from a good college and you are not getting a job n you are employed…then you are offered a job as an accountant…so you will not accept it because MBA student can’t work as an accountant. So he still remains unemployed. So is your degree here is your strength or weakness??? We are normal human being so we don’t have a value of ourselves being normal. Do we have value of our eyes..our limbs or our hearing capability..?? no, we are not blind..or lame or deaf..so why to value them..?? right..?? well, this are the greatest strength one can have.

                                         It is very sad to know that it is generally a loss which teaches the value of the thing. So the greatest strength is positive attitude..satisfaction and hard work. Because your life is only as good as your mindset.


No comments:

Post a Comment