Friday, April 8, 2016

A LETTER TO SON BY A FATHER

Dear son,
                Happy birthday to you.  Today is your 18th birthday, and I was waiting for this day. Not because I wanted to throw a big grand surprise party for you nor I wanted to put any responsibilities on your shoulders. I know you were expecting some grand celebration, and now you will think what weirdest gift your father has given to you. You must be expecting some expensive materialistic thing….but my dear, this is priceless. When you have grown up to a legal age, I choose to give you little piece of advice from my experiences.
                  My dear, you always joked that I love your sister more than you or I have been tougher on you. Yes, because she has got a special place in my heart. Then you….what about you..right..?? if they have got a special place in my heart then you are a piece of my heart, my dear. And I always wanted that a piece of my heart never breaks. And so I always tried to make it stronger..to make you responsible…that was not my toughness..that was my affection..my care..my tenderness..my way of loving..my love.. for you.  I always want to see you growing… see you blooming. You will not understand the feeling of being the father my dear. You don’t know how special did I feel when you entered this world…when you came in my life..when I took you in my arms for the first time..a tiny baby not even the size of my palms sleeping peacefully in my arms. That feeling I wish I could tell you in words. When I touched you for the first time that sense of victory that you are my blood, my son, my child, my possession and that happiness was priceless. You don’t know my son..you don’t. I feel the happiest when I recall this feeling. You are the one who made me more responsible for making me a father. You have made me little more sensitive and little tougher. In your childhood when you were sitting on my shoulders…roaming  around the park. I was enjoying lot..a lot more than you. When you fell from your bicycle and got a wound on your knee…your mother asked you to get aided, and I asked you not to stop and continue with your cycle ride. Because your mom wants to save you from all the pains, and I, want to prepare you for all the pains. When you won the small-big competition in your school, I was the happiest…you would not know what a good feeling it is to see your child…doing good..your seed coming out as a plant. And know when my plant is ready to take out its new branches…to get converted into a tree. I want that tree to hold sweet fruits along with glossy green leaves. I want you to be a gentle person along with a successful person. So here I want to tell you the reality of life..magic of nature and your role in this whole play.

           My dear, you will find many types of people in your path…some are there to lift you up, and some are there to pull you down. You won’t always get a plain simple path..you may come across some thorns too….and this is where the real test of your life lies my dear. You have to decide and recognize what is right for you and what is not. All these  is very ambiguous. It is not that you will always make right decisions…failure may cross your path..but remember..this should affect you positively…learn from the failures…remember failures are always your best teacher….everything and everyone will teach you what to do and how to do…but the only failure will teach you what not to do. Always stay focused….enjoy your life to the fullest but never get deviated from your goals. Always  give your best..no matter how small the thing is! Never give up on someone or something you love my dear….the path may be uphill and the battle may be tough but..giving up is permanent. Seeing you on heights will make me the most blessed person. I will take pride of being called by your name my dear.

           Amidst all these…do not forget about your inner growth and satisfaction. Always be satisfied..that does not mean you will not grow further … or what you have is enough…it means you will be patient enough for the things to come. You may sometimes feel shattered or broken and feel like crying…cry it out my dear..its always okay to cry…but its never okay to run from the thing. You will get many people advising you…giving their opinion about you…and you have to hear those…but do what u feel right. What your heart says…and what is correct…its in your hands..what to believe and what not to…never underestimate yourself…always have faith in you…and always trust yourself…because if you will not, then who, my dear..? find a life partner…who does not just give you all the happiness but always be your strength in your weak days..and encourage you for the better one. In front of whom you can cry on your sunny days and can dance with on your shiny days….find friends who will always be there with you….if they can not bring you happiness…they will surely reduce your pain.if you are happy doing what you love having the people you love around you…then you are the richest person, my dear,,. A happy heart and home filled with love..make them your assets and always keep them safe.Never hurt anyone’s emotions or anyone’s feeling…and always respect others. Mistakes happen in life…everyone does some…but never lessen your trust from yourself…or never get under confident….try to correct your mistake. Never cover your mistake….remember, Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to accept them. Never forget the people who ever helps you. You have just got one life…live it rightfully…enjoy to the fullest … don’t forget your existence in this world is for some reason….and give the reason for your existence…give meaning to your life. This world is full of nice people…and if you don’t find one, be one.
          
         You will not understand all the things I said …but try to…inculcate this in your life…whenever you are confused..and you are in any dilemma..read this out and try to find the correct answer.  You had always made me proud..even when you were in your mother’s womb. You have always given me the reason to smile, a reason to be proud of. You must know your father will always be with you..no matter what. You must know that I will watch over you…will protect you and will love you even after I am gone..because you are still my baby. I love you son..today..tomorrow..and forever…happy birthday once again.
                                                                                                          -Your Father

         

No comments:

Post a Comment